Full Closure of Catholic Churches
Following the Prime Minister’s historic announcement last night (23 March) strengthening restrictions in an attempt to combat the spread of COVID-19, Catholic Churches are closed to the public at this time.
Prime Minister’s statement on Monday 23rd March link
Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales updated its guidelines link.
Fr Alex Austin
- Fr Alex has a page at https://www.facebook.com/alexaustinosb On Sunday at 9.30 Mass is being streamed from this page. Go to facebook and join online.
- The parish also have an page https://www.facebook.com/stgregorysua
Twitter: Follow us at @StGregorytheGr3
Instagram: Follow Fr Alex at alexaustinosb where he’ll try and post a few inspiring pics!!
Live Streaming Church’s:
- A lsit of Live Streaming Church’s in Archdiocese of Birmingham is available: link. It also includes a link to the daily readings and how to make an Act of Spiritual Communion.
- Our nearest Live Stream Church is at St Joseph’s in Whitnash join online at: https://www.mcnmedia.tv/camera/st-josephs-whitnash
- St Chad’s is also livestreaming at https://www.mcnmedia.tv/camera/st-chads-cathedral-birmingham
Follow the daily Readings at Mass. Click below:
Make an Act of Spiritual Communion – This can be done whilst you watch a live stream of Mass being offered. You can make an act of Spiritual Communion by saying the following prayer:
“My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.”
Birmingham Diocesan Trust (the Archdiocese of Birmingham) has launched a new Whistleblowing Policy. This policy aims to help individuals to raise with confidence, and without having to worry about being victimised, discriminated against or disadvantaged in any way, as a result of any serious concerns (including safeguarding issues) they may have about post-holders, colleagues, their employer, or with how the Trust operates. Find the policy at: https://www.birminghamdiocese.org.uk/policies. The Diocese is also a member of Protect, formerly Public Concern at Work, who are leading experts in whistleblowing. They provide confidential advice to individuals regarding whistleblowing – visit – https://protect-advice.org.uk/