Fr Alex Austin and all the parishioners of St Gregory welcome you to our parish website.
Last year a number of spam texts and emails were sent to people in the Parish. They have returned again over the past few days under the name of Fr. Alexander Austin with your Christian name in the message eg Hi / Hello Mark. They look more credible than the attempts last year.
The messages vary, are frequent and in some cases are requesting money, through Google Pay, for a cancer patient. These criminals are also targeting WhatsApp accounts should you have one.
YOU MUST IGNORE THEM
Please advise any parishioners, family and friends, especially those who are vulnerable or may not understand what a scam email is.
Our timetable is as follows:
- Public Mass times: 5.30pm Saturday, Sunday 9.30am and 11.15am. Wednesday 9.30am followed by Exposition for private prayer till 10.30am.
- Please remember to bring your face masks. Face masks to be worn at all times during mass to protect you and others.
- Track and Trace – please write your name and contact details on a piece of paper to leave in basket at the back of church to enable track and trace if necessary.
- Places are limited as only 75 in the Church. Please try to need to arrive 10 minutes early.
- Toilets are unavailable.
- The church is closed at all other times.
Our Lady of Peace – remains closed and so the 9.30am mass is at St Gregory’s.
St Gregory’s livestreaming: Click link
This weeks newsletter: link
The obligation to attend Mass on Sunday remains suspended. At present, churches are open for private prayer only.
St Gregory facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stgregorysua
St Gregory twitter: Follow us at @StGregorytheGr3
Instagram: Follow Fr Alex at alexaustinosb where he’ll try and post a few inspiring pics!!
St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP). The SVP at St. Gregory’s Parish usually meet every 2nd Monday evening. As we have been unable to do this as a conference we are communicating through social media. We wanted to let all parishioners know that we are still actively working. Although we cannot physically visit we are still in contact with those we normally visit by telephone mostly, but also by email and other forms of social media. We would remind you that we are here and can be contacted in the usual way through the parish office telephone number 01789 292439 Email: email@example.com or alternatively call 07980553298.
Parish Bereavement team. The Parish Bereavement team offer a confidential service and are trained in listening, and have a commitment to and understanding of the grieving process. Please call directly to a team member on 07592 572978 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Poster link